Large-scale, long-read, direct DNA and RNA sequencing
Terabases of data
1 - 48 flow cells
Flexible, on-demand sequencing
Analyse data in real time
Up to 8 Tb data
Run up to 48 independently addressable, high-capacity PromethION Flow Cells.
Generate terabases of data — streamed in real time for immediate analysis.
Alleviate data analysis bottlenecks.
Generate sub-$1,000 human genomes.
No capital cost
Pay just for consumables.
Service provider certification is available for PromethIONFind out more
PromethION is available in two models: PromethION 24 (P24) and PromethION 48 (P48), which can respectively operate up to 24 and 48 flow cells at once.
Nanopores read the length of DNA or RNA presented to them — from short to ultra-long (longest >4 Mb)
Compact benchtop device with compute module
- Size: W 590 mm, H 190 mm, D 430 mm
- Weight: 28 kg
- Size: W 178 mm, H 440 mm, D 470 mm
- Weight: 25 kg
Up to 180 Gb per flow cell
Total device yield as much as:
- 4 Tb PromethION 24
- 8 Tb PromethION 48
- Larger genomes or projects
- Population-scale sequencing
- Highly multiplexed small genomes or targeted regions
- Whole transcriptomes (direct RNA or cDNA)
Sequence what you need, when you need it
- Run flow cells individually or together — no more sample batching
- Each flow cell has approximately six times the sequencing capacity of a MinION Flow Cell
- Run multiple DNA or RNA experiments at once
- Barcode for even more samples
- Suitable for high-throughput and service labs
- No capital cost
- Small footprint — suitable for any lab
- Easy installation with comprehensive support
Sequencing and analysis in one powerful device
- Latest generation CPU for OS and orchestration
- State-of-the-art basecall accelerators
- 32 TB (P24) or 64 TB (P48) SSD data storage
- 384 GB RAM
- Instrument control and data analysis software
PromethION 24 Quick Start Guide
Everything you need to install your PromethION24 and to check the system is ready for use.
PromethION P24 device specs
PromethION 24 Technical Specification
PromethION IT Requirements
This checklist represents the minimal requirements for installing the PromethION in your institution.
Safety and regulatory information
PromethION 48 Quick Start Guide
Everything you need to install your PromethION48 and to check the system is ready for use.
PromethION P48 device specs
PromethION 48 Technical Specification