What is PEAP?
The PromethION is a nanopore-based desktop device for high-throughput, high sample-number analysis of biological molecules such as DNA and RNA. While the same technology as the MinION and GridION is utilised, the throughput of the PromethION is orders of magnitude higher than other nanopore sequencing devices.
The PromethION Early Access Programme (PEAP) allows innovative researchers to get first access to this novel technology.
PEAP Participants (PEAPs) will receive:
- A PromethION device
- Remote installation support
- A number of flow cells and reagent kits to validate the technology
- Access to an online community of PEAP participants, to access community based support and to exchange ideas/solutions with others in the PEAP.
The PEAP process
Register to enter Nanopore Community (buy MinION starter pack) and pay for your PEAP bundle (see PEAP pricing)*
As your dispatch time approaches the PromethION technical team will be in touch to prepare your Installation support. During this time you can become more familiar with nanopore analyses by using the MinION
Once your site is ready the device is dispatched, with configuration test cells and simulated data to verify your configuration
Once configuration is complete, you will be sent functional flow cells to start your first PromethION experiments. You can then purchase additional consumables from the PromethION Store
|PromethION Instrument||No charge|
|Starter Pack (12 PromethION Flow Cells and kits)||$28,575|
|Compute service charge***||$15,000 p.a|
|12 MinION Flow Cells**||$8,100|
|48 PromethION Flow Cells*||$69,600|
|Shipping and Installation||
Reagent kits (10 ligation, 3 rapid, 4 wash)
*Usually $91,200 so this represents a PEAP discount ** Users will already have a MinION as they will have joined the Nanopore Community *** for compute upgrades and improvements
Paying: PEAP Bundle ($135k)
This item is available in the store. Please contact a member of the customer services team if you need any assistance or additional information to arrange the payment of this fee. PEAP Bundle delivery subject to availability.
Getting ready for PromethION
About 8 weeks before delivery, we will get in touch to discuss:
- Laboratory Requirements
- IT and Networking Infrastructure required
- Data Analysis and Base calling information
- The latest laboratory protocols through the PEAP Community Channel
If you believe your infrastructure support will require more time to complete any upgrades then please speak to the PromethION team at Oxford Nanopore.
In 2014, Oxford Nanopore introduced the portable MinION to hundreds of users through the MinION Access Programme. During this time the performance and usability of the MinION improved exponentially. MinION was made commercially available in 2015 and improvements are still rolled out continuously.
In a similar pattern, we will be driving rapid PromethION iteration cycles to reach full functionality. The first instruments will have the capacity to enable users to run larger projects on a Nanopore platform, and we will deliver continuous releases towards full functionality.
Your PEAP journeyJoin PEAP today
Begins when your device is scheduled (approx 8 weeks before shipping)
An initial call will cover:
- Introduction to the team and the process
- Laboratory and IT Infrastructure requirements
- Expected delivery times
Protocol development and validation
- Discuss sample type and best library preparation approach for end goal with PromethION
- Commence protocol validation on MinION
Once the instrument is ready to ship a verification call covering:
- Site readiness for PromethION
- Progress on protocol validation
- Shipping and documentation ready
PromethION installation and configuration
PromethION shipped and delivered
- Verification that device shipped correctly (20 Mins)
- Installation into local Network and Storage (Site dependent)
- Run a CTC experiment to test data path (1 hour)
PromethION flow cells shipped
At this point an installation charge and annual compute support are chargeable.
- Lambda available as a control and can be run on a whole flow cell or in one chamber
- Running of own sample with MinION as a Control