We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our Chip Research Group to become part of the research team aimed at the design of new, scalable silicon chip fabrication routes.
Our sequencing platforms are based around MEMS devices requiring the integration between a sensor array and the underlying ASIC that allows multiple nanopore experiments to be performed in parallel. Reporting to the Associate Director of Chip Integration, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership across a range of projects involving this key area of MEMS fabrication. Working collaboratively with other groups both within the company and external parities, you will be responsible for delivering improvements in robustness, scalability and performance to the product platform.
This is an area of continuing innovation for the company and the technical lead will extend across existing and future product concepts.
- Technical leadership in MEMS projects across multiple platforms (PromethION, MinION and next generation technologies)
- Coordinating the outsourcing of fabrication projects with external parties / foundry facilities
- Regular and timely communication between project team members to achieve optimal outcomes and performance
- Design adaptions to existing processes for improved device fabrication
- MEMS microfabrication, processing and characterisation in a cleanroom environment
- Designing lithographic masks
- Interfacing MEMS with microfluidics and chemistry of sensing system
What We're Looking For...
You will hold a PhD in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry, or have equivalent experience. A strong background of microfabrication and IC/MEMS packaging technologies in an industrial setting is essential. You’ll have experience working with MEMS devices and understand what it takes to transition projects from a proof of concept through to late development phases. Experience of interfacing MEMS devices with microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip based systems would be an advantage.
We will expect you to be an enthusiastic individual who can work with a high degree of autonomy, have great attention to detail and a creative approach to problem solving. Because of the highly interdisciplinary nature of the role excellent communication skills are crucial.
This role will suit someone with the drive to achieve results and who is motivated to impact a key area of a cutting-edge, fast-paced organisation.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.