We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Electronics Engineer to join our team. The role involves the design and development of high-speed digital circuits including microprocessor and FPGA devices.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Electronics Engineering, the successful candidate will be involved in the following activities:
- Solving complex problems using standard engineering methods and techniques, choosing appropriate tools or methods for the task in hand
- Assisting more senior engineers in larger, more complex design or development tasks
- Mixed-signal schematic and board design including high-speed data interfaces and low noise power supplies
- PCB layoutdesign and revue
- Design support including fault finding
- Taking the design through design verification testing and formal qualification
- Electronics production support
- Design and development of FPGA/VHDL platform for highly sensitive, low-level current detection system, in particular, hardware control and communication interfaces
- Analysis, debug and optimisation of mixed-signal systems
- Creating technical documents and specifications
- Designing low-level interfaces to communicate with other extension boards
- Low noise, multichannel system design and development
- Communicating and liaising with engineers and scientists from other teams as well as with external suppliers
What We're Looking For...
We'll expect you to have a degree in Electronics Engineering or similar Engineering subject and proven competence in a Hardware Engineering role, e.g. Design, Debug, Integration etc. You'll have experience in high speed, low noise hardware design, and in the use of schematic capture, layout design and design simulation tools.
This role will suit someone with the following skills and abilities:
- PCB design and development experience
- FPGA/VHDL development skills
- RTL design and verification using VHDL
- Board level design experience
- C programming at a firmware level (e.g. for microcontrollers).
In addition, you'll also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional problem-solving abilities and enjoy working as part of a team.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.